Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Funny people, Funny world…

People have always been fascinated with death. I mean think about it, all the mysteries that you see in movies involve death of one kind or another.
I guess people, in general, would like to be or feel as though they were part of some kinda danger, especially those foreigners in Baghdad. Maybe they like to have a story to take back home. as if saying they were in a city where at least 20 people are killed every day ,will add to their own adventure…       
And to be honest, although I witness death on a daily bases , it is still something that I find absolutely riveting, not in the general sense though. I've kinda become more professional lately when it comes to dealing with death… In fact, except for blast victims, who are still a reason why I regret a career in medicine, I recently discovered that I've become indifferent to the whole thing….like if those people are just part of a screen play I am watching – or playing ….
I think my emotional threshold has been rising steadily over the past few months. Tolerance is the medical word for it …Now, to react in the same way I used to be when I first started , I will probably need to witness a man being grabbed by some kinda beast , a crocodile maybe as it’s one of the last remaining dinosaurs !!a bit strange dont u think?!

No comments:

Post a Comment